Thanks to spend your time reading this post on the first day of the new year.
The 2017 was a busy year regards projects and a new area i’ve been exploring myself (Business Development), this is quite new for me but it’s going….
What i mean by Business Development? I’ve been focus only on Engineering (hands-on) which is by far what i really like to do, so i get the implementation plan and GO! Why not dive in the conversation with the customer and understand their challenges, advise what technologies are in the market that really suit them. Presenting cutting-edge technologies and advise the customer is also something i really like.
What do i have for this upcoming year? I’ve done some re-cert’s, like Juniper, VMware and Cisco.
I have do do some re-certs this year too, but i want to focus more on the CCDE than ever, so i’m starting officially today and i hope do the Written in 6 months. I will attend the Cisco Live Barcelona 2018, so i hope get good contacts to push this even further. This is the plan mentally but i know this might has to change a bit.
CCNA Cyber Ops is just around the corner :)
Happy New Year.
These are for me the best two resources if you want embrace Dev/Net/Sec Ops using F5 iControl
Just a sneak peak of what you can find:
- Mesos Marathon Container Integration
- Kubernetes Container Integration
- RedHat OpenShift Container Integration
- OpenStack Cloud Integration
- F5 Application Services Proxy
F5 launched TMOS v13, What’s new?
- New Built-in TCP Profiles
- TCP Nagle “Auto mode”
- Diameter High Availability
- SIP and Diameter Connection Auto-Initialization
- Diameter Election Process Support
- Diameter In-Band Monitor
- ECDH and ECDSA
- DAG v2
- Enhanced platform diagnostics for iSeries platforms
- Global VLAN based SYN flood protection
You can read the full release notes here
When you restore the BIG-IP configuration to factory default settings, the system performs the following tasks:
- the management IP address
- BIG-IP license file
- files in the /shared partition
- manually-modified bigdb database variables
- Flags the Setup utility to run when the next user logs in to the Configuration utility
- All BIG-IP local traffic configuration objects
- All BIG-IP network configuration objects
- All non-system maintenance user accounts
- System maintenance user account passwords (root and admin)
- BIG-IP module data and policies
- Current host name
- local trust domain
These are the steps:
- Go to TMS
- Load the default config
- Save the config
After execute the 3 steps the big-ip daemon will restart using the default config, and it is ready to go again.
This is a factory default for a 11.x and 12.x code to execute on 10.x use load sys default-config
[email protected](backend)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)# load sys config default
Reset the system configuration to factory defaults? (y/n) y
Loading system configuration…
Resetting trust domain…
Setting flag to reset ASM data…
[email protected](localhost)(cfg-sync Standalone)(INOPERATIVE)(/Common)(tmos)# save /sys config
Nov 14 02:54:37 localhost emerg logger: Re-starting bigd
Saving running configuration…
Saving Ethernet mapping…done
[email protected](localhost)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)#quit
F5 came out with new platforms called BIG-IP iSeries with the following features/innovations:
- TurboFlex optimization technology that offloads specialized functions from the general CPU
- Due the complexity of SSL offloading and traffic growing exponentially due IoT, this new platforms have more capacity (TPS) than their previous versions, in some cases 2.5 times more
The BIG-IP iSeries is the next generation of ADCs, with key innovations that enable customers to meet the challenges of rapidly shifting landscapes. Beyond a significant increase in capacity, the BIG-IP iSeries mixes the power of dedicated hardware with the flexibility of a programmable, updatable platform
iSeries: Not Just a Better, Bigger, and Faster BIG-IP
BIG-IP System Hardware datasheet
F5 folks was chasing F5 to provide Official Study Guides to their exams, and finally someone heard us!
They are not covering every cert , but it’s a good start. At the moment these are the guides available:
To get you in just need visit F5 Education and choose the cert (look at bottom for the study guide link), or you can to login on F5 University, and then click on Training Catalog!
Good news from F5! F5 refreshed his WBTs on F5 University using 11.x code. They called this the “F5 Getting Started Series” and each section has interactive questions to do a check up of your knowledge. This Series covers the following products:
- BIG-IP LTM
- BIG-IP GTM
- BIG-IP APM
- BIG-IP ASM
Just click on the product and that will open automatic a new window.
As before you can have hands-on on a virtual lab for 11.x code with the following topology. After you login on F5 University click on F5 Training Lab menu and get you Lab guide. Unfortunately you can´t play HA features on this lab but you can try the F5 BIG-IP LTM virtual edition (request a trial licence 90 days) for your own lab.
F5 Certification Program