Automation and orchestration capabilities these days are the key for many Organizations, and this session will show you what can you achieve with the R80.10 API. Specifically, this session covers:
- Introduction to using the R80.10 APIs using Postman and Ansible
- Tips on how to add objects and services to adding rules via CLI RESTful API
- Additional use cases
- And much more
The content presented is below:
Slides: How to use R80.10 API for Automation and Streamlined Security (PPT)
Video: How to use R80.10 API for Automation and Streamlined Security (Video)
Q&A: TechTalk Q&A: Leveraging the R80.10 API to Automate and Streamline Security Operations
Looking for more cool stuff? Check on CheckPoint CheckMates Community
Juniper updated their Certification Program with a new Track, SDN and Automation. A Specialist exam (JN0-410) is only available for now, JNCIA is a pre-requirement, but the Professional level should be expected next year (2017). This exam covers SDN foundations, NFV, Contrail and OpenStack Platforms.
This list provides a general view of the skill set required to successfully complete the specified certification exam. Topics listed are subject to change.
- SDN Theory and Applications
- Contrail Service Chaining
- Contrail Analytics
- Identify SDN concepts.
- SDN definitions
- SDN versus NFV
- SDN applications (data center, enterprise, WAN, transport networks)
- Identify OpenStack concepts.
- Components (Nova, Neutron, and so on)
- VM creation
- Network policies
- Demonstrate knowledge of configuring, monitoring, or implementing OpenStack.
- Identify Contrail architectural concepts.
- Controller versus orchestration
- Node types
- Layer 2 versus Layer 3 overlay networks
- Contrail API
- Route distribution, protocols
- Demonstrate knowledge of configuring, monitoring, or implementing Contrail.
- Traffic path verification
- Configuration process, dependencies
- Analytic node configuration
- Identify Contrail service chaining concepts.
- In-network service chain
- Transparent service chain
- Source NAT
- Heat templates
- Demonstrate knowledge of configuring, monitoring, or implementing Contrail service chaining.
- Analyzer service virtual machine
- Third-party services
- Traffic path verification
- Identify Contrail analytics concepts.
- Infrastructure workspace
- Networking workspace
- Traffic analysis
- Demonstrate knowledge of configuring, monitoring, or implementing Contrail analytics.
- Underlay and overlay monitoring
- Event monitoring
- Traffic monitoring
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting Contrail.
- Route availability in the controller
- Virtual router programming
- Contrail CLI commands
- Fabric scripts
- Contrail Introspect
- vRouter commands
- Top of rack service node (TSN)
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting OpenStack.
- Log monitoring
- Privilege, authentication
- Component interaction
Juniper Networks Certified Specialist SDN and Automation (JNCIS-SDNA)
Esta série de books Day One , permite através das ferramentas Junos OS auxiliar na automatização de métodos e procedimentos na rede.
Esta série Junos Automation inclui:
Junos Automation Reference for SLAX 1.0
This reference guide provides descriptions and examples of all of the basic components of the SLAX language including its statements, operators, functions, elements, templates, and default parameters.
Mastering Junos Automation Programming
Written from the perspective of a “classical” script programmer, this teaches you about the specific tasks and functions of the Junos automation development environment. Spend a week with this book and you’ll be able to write, deploy, and debug Junos automation scripts.
Applying Junos Automation
Previously published as three separate Day One guides, This Week: Applying Junos Automation now combines Junos operation, event, and configuration automation techniques into a single, comprehensive volume.
Navigating The Junos XML Hierarchy
Find out about a powerful and comprehensive toolset for interacting with and directing the Junos processes.