The CCSE exam is now available for R80. This exam is based on the R80.10 CCSE certification training course.
The CCSE Update exam will be released in Q3 2017. This is the fast path for certified professionals that are CCSE certified on previous software versions.
R80 CCSA exam is available at Pearson VUE. Please note the CCSA certification is a prerequisite for the CCSE exam and certification.
Quick reference for these new version exam numbers:
- 156-215.80 – CCSA
- 156-315.80 – CCSE
- 156-915.80 – CCSE Update (Not released yet)
CCSA and CCSE (proctored exams) will be priced $250 USD and CCSM $350
I got an email from Checkpoint about my cert expiration, but what is the challenge here? I can’t take the same exam as per check Point FAQ, in this case CCSE but i gave a try and bang!,
After contact Check point i got the following options:
- Upgrade your certifications to CCSM (156-115.77)
- Take two of the following certifications to extend your current CCSE for 1 year
- Secure Web Gateway
- ThP-Threat Prevention
- GAIA Intro -Gaia Overview
- Advanced IPS
- MTPA-Mobile Threat Prevention Administrator
- MTPE-Mobile Threat Prevention Engineering
- Wait for CCSE R80 to be released
I do not see the point to do 2 of the certs to renew the CCSE just for 1 year. The CCSE R80 should be available on Q3 as per Checkpoint. But who knows……
You can read the Check Point Certification FAQ here
Maybe wait is the best option! And do the Update exam after.