The CCNA R&S certification has been updated to get in the latest technologies.
Key updates include:
- Awareness of Programmable Network (SDN) architectures and the separation of control plane and data plane
- Expanded VPN topics to include DMVPN, Site-to-Site VPN, and Client VPN technologies
- Increased focus on IPv6 routing protocols, configuration, and knowledge
- Understanding of Cloud resources deployed in Enterprise network architectures
- Knowledge of QoS concepts. Including marking, shaping, and policing mechanisms to manage congestion of various types of traffic
Existing CCENT certified individuals can achieve CCNA R&S certification by passing either ICND2 (200-101 or 200-105) or CCNA composite (200-120 or 200-125) exams.