Due the gap of Cybersecurity skills, Cisco launched a Cybersecurity Scholarship program, it will invest $10 million in this program to increase the pool of talent with critical cybersecurity proficiency. Cisco also has enhanced its Security certification portfolio with a new CCNA Cyber Ops certification.
The scholarship program will get underway with assessment of candidates in August 2016. The first scholarship awards will be available later in 2016.
Scholarship Award Details
- The self-paced e-learning path for this certification includes three courses and two exams, representing a significant monetary investment in your career:
- “Introduction to Cybersecurity,” a Cisco Networking Academy course
- “Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals” (SECFND), first course in the CCNA Cyber Ops curriculum
- “Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations” (SECOPS), second course in the CCNA Cyber Ops curriculum
- Two accompanying CCNA Cyber Ops exams (210-250 SECFND and 210-255 SECOPS)
- Mentoring and coaching for all three of the above courses
- Cisco will deliver the program in partnership with key Cisco Authorized Learning Partners, which will provide the mentoring and coaching.
- The cost of all training, mentoring and coaching, and exam fees good toward completion of a CCNA Cyber Ops certification is included in the scholarship.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must meet these qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be proficient in English
Basic technical competency (possess one or more of the following):
- Cisco certification (Cisco CCENT certification or higher)
- Relevant industry certification [(ISC)2, CompTIA Security+, EC-Council, GIAC, ISACA]
- Cisco Networking Academy letter of completion (CCNA 1 and CCNA 2)
- At least three years of combined experience in approved U.S. military job roles
- Windows expertise: Microsoft (Microsoft Specialist, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+)
- Linux expertise: CompTIA (Linux+), Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification, Linux Foundation (LFCS, LFCE), Red Hat (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), Oracle Linux (OCA, OCP)
- Planning a career in IT cybersecurity
- Prepared to complete training in three months
- Willing to share a success story