This is the right time on the year where we need to think what we want to do and define our goals to upcoming year, i consider this an important step to make you focus in your career and step away from the darkness TV. Well after think last month what technically I want to enhance is:IP design, virtualization, automation, and Linux skills. Maybe my employer will challenge me next year, so i will add it later to my list :)
Likely maybe i will do some exams:
VMware Certified Professional 5 Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization (VCP6-NV)
Cisco CCIE Service Provider Written+Lab(?)
Cisco CCDE Written+Lab(?)
There are some books i want to read:
Lets the journey begins!
Because i’m writing this post on Christmas day, i should start with Oh Oh Oh Merry Christmas! This was a hard year of work to achieve my goals, but i had one special which was pass CCIE Lab Routing/Switching and get my magic number #47868
I’ve learned a lot this year, from different vendors, customers, and Partners. I’m glad to be an amazing year of challenges :), i hope next year will be better :)
Blog become more active and i’ve started receiving more comments, requests and fixing some posts i did in the past.
- Dell Networking OS9 Configuration and Operations [3 day instructor]
- Firewall Configuration Essentials 101 PAN-OS v.6.0 RevC
- VTSP 2015
- Cybersecurity Management by Charles Sturt University
- VMware vSphere ICM 5.5
- VMware NSX ICM 6.0
- Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) Exam – PAN-OS 6.0 Loaded 02/01/2015
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert R&S Lab Loaded 31/04/2015 CCIE#47868
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) Loaded 08/05/2015
- Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) Loaded 01/07/2015
- VMware Technical Solutions Professional (VTSP) Loaded 14/07/2015
- VCE Certified Converged Infrastructure Associate (VCE-CIA) Loaded 19/07/2015
- ACSS – Avaya Virtual Services Platform 9000 Loaded 14/08/2015
- ACSS – Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch 21/08/2015
This was an impressive mark of visitors, i hope to have twice more next year :)
Do you want get 6 months of free training (dozen of courses) on Pluralsight.com? Just register on Visual Studio Dev Essencials to get the promotion, and select “Get code”.
Note: You don’t need provide any credit card details!
After “Get code” you just need activate it, and setup your account on Pluralsight.com
I had some issues using Firefox, so i’ve setup my account using Internet Explorer.
Cisco acquired Sourcefire, and in addition, Intel Security (McAfee) acquired Stonesoft in 2013. Some small players are coming like Wins, this will be interesting to see the evolution. Shall we expect a new acquisition soon?
Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Prevention Systems 2015
Juniper have announced this week of his lab grade system improvement, so you will have to wait 3-5 business days instead 15 business days.
To get a list of your previous WiFi connections, type this command:
netsh wlan show profiles
To get key from a specific Profile, type this command:
netsh wlan show profile name=”Meraki WiFi” key=clear
This particular key is not secure, do not use it! I’ve change it just to do this post!
Manage wireless network profiles